Gleb S. Bogomolov (1933 - 2016)

Gleb Sergeevich Bogomolov was born in Leningrad in 1933. Attended a studio at the House of Pioneers and classes at the Leningrad Institute of Theatre, Music and Cinematography (1956). Leading member of Leningrad nonconformist art movement in beginning of 1970s. From 1974 participated in more than 200 solo and group exhibitions in Russia and abroad, including the first shows of nonconformist art in Leningrad (1974, 1975), at Gaza and Nevsky Palaces of Culture. He was a member of the St Petersburg Academy of Modern Art and the Union of Artists.

Selected Collections
 

The State Tretyakov Gallery. Moscow, Russia.

The State Russian Museum. Saint Petersburg, Russia.

St.-Petersburg Museum of History. St.-Petersburg, Russia.

The Kunsthalle. Henry Nannen collection. Emden, Germany.

Museum of Contemporary Art. Moscow, Russia.

J.V. Zimmerly Art Museum. Rutgers State University. NJ, USA.

Selected Works

Composition. 1983.
"Field of signs" 1981.
"Triumfator"  1976.
"King of spades" 1974.
Portrait, 1977-78.
"Portrait of woman"1977-78.
"Field of signs" 1981.

Oil on canvas. 95 x 105 cm.

Go to link