Mikhail Alekseevich Koulakov (1933 - 2015)
Born in Moscow in 1933. Studied under Nikolai Akimov at Leningrad’s Institute for Theatrical Arts, graduated in 1962. Was active as nonconformist artist in Moscow and Leningrad in 1960s and 1970s. While living in Soviet Union participated in exhibitions in Moscow, Novosibirsk, Erevan, Dubna, Zurich, Rome. Left Soviet Union in 1976 . Lived and worked in Italy.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
The State Tretjakov Gallery in Moscow, Palazzo Venezia in Rome 2008, Auditorium of San Domenico (Narni 1988), 1989: The Soviet Union Foundation of Culture, ex-riding school of the Czars in Leningrad and Riga Arsenal; architectural complex “San Michele a Ripa” in Rome (1991), 1993: Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, State Ethnographic Museum, St. Petersburg, and Palazzo Ruspoli in Rome; “Bibliomediateca” (Terni 1996), CERP “Centro Espositivo Rocca Paolina” (Perugia 2003).
Selected Public Collections
The State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg;
Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow;
State Tretjakov Gallery, Moscow;
Musée of Art Contemporain du Montreal, Canada;
J.V. Zimmerli Art Museum, New Jersey, USA;
Municipal Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, Rome;
Museum “Stauros” of Contemporary Sacred Art, San Gabriele, Teramo;
Museum of “Arte delle Generazioni Italiane del Novecento G. Bargellini”, Pieve di Cento, Bologna.